Gary Kiely, Senior Associate, talks about the importance of regularly reviewing your Will…
It’s good practice to think about your Will at least once a year and the best time is usually after the government’s main budget.
If there have been any relevant tax changes or changes in your personal circumstance you should contact your solicitor to see if your Will needs changing.
If there are no changes the only time you’ll need to think about your Will again that year is if any major event occurs in your life that would affect your Will.
Having a solicitor review your Will every five years is also good practice as there may have been some legal changes that are not common knowledge. At Neves we offer a five year review free of charge to our clients.
Examples of when you should have your Will reviewed:
• If you have got married since making your Will or someone in your Will has got married.
• You are going through a separation or divorce or there is someone in your will who has divorced.
• A birth of a child or grandchild or if there are step children.
• Someone in your Will has died.
• You have received some inheritance.
• You or someone in your Will has moved address
• There have been tax changes that effect your estate.
• You now have more (or less) money so you need to readjust gifts you have made.
For over 150 years, our clients have relied on us to help with their most important legal issues. We know that every client comes to us with a unique challenge. So we don’t follow rigid processes or fixed formulas.
Instead, our hand-picked team of experts take the time to listen, understand, and then solve your issue in straightforward, practical ways.
We’re proud to have built a firm that’s open, approachable and friendly. Because we believe that’s the best way to help our clients, across a range of legal services – including commercial, family, property, and wills and probate law.
Our offices are centrally located, easy to get to and we are based on the ground floor with free parking. Alternatively, if you are unable to get into our office, we’ll come to your home.
Call Gary on 01908 304560 or email email@example.com and quote ‘Celebrate MK’ to book a FREE Will review