Every 4 years we’re gifted an extra day on the calendar for leap year and to celebrate this year’s 29th February being a Saturday, centre:mk has launched a search to find the perfect ‘YOLO’ (You only Live Once) activities to maximise their free day.
Some suggestions from centre:mk include using the extra day to do things you’ve always wanted to do (but have never been brave enough to,) such as:
– Getting a new ear piercing (available at Lovisa, Claire’s Accessories and H. Samuel)
– Trying a bold new hairstyle (Regis Salon, Braids, Central Barbers)
– Trying a new food (Beetroot cured sashimi from Yo Sushi anyone?)
Or would your YOLO day be better spent getting around to doing those things you always mean to do but somehow always end up at the bottom of the to-do list:
– Writing a letter to a Grandparent or loved one (there’s some lovely stationary available from Paperchase)
– Soaking in a bath with your favourite drink and chocolates (try out LUSH’s fabulous bath bombs and indulgent chocolates from Hotel Chocolat)
– Clearing out any unused items to be recycled (pop to M&S and TKMaxx where you can recycle your old clothes, Shoe Zone and Clarks for Shoes or L’Occitane for any beauty products) and start building a capsule wardrobe with John Lewis who offer a free personal styling service!
– Having a shopping and spa day (did you know there’s a Champneys above Boots and a Beauty Retreat in John Lewis?)
– Experience a virtual reality rollercoaster at Virgin Holidays!
– Finally, why not print and frame your favourite pictures stuck on your phone? (Prints and canvases available from Snappy Snaps).
What’s more, from 23rd – 29th February new ‘bubble tea’ brand ‘Chatime’ will be offering free pearls – (the flavoured balls in the bubble tea), so if you’ve never tried this delicious type of Taiwanese tea before, then now’s definitely the time!
What have you always wanted to do but never got round to? Visit centre:mk’s Facebook page where you can join the conversation now.