The Bell and Bear was the big winner at the Milton Keynes Food and Leisure Awards 2018, scooping both the Pub of The Year and Best Use of Local Produce prizes.
Jon and Sophie, owners of the Embertonbased pub, were overjoyed at their double triumph at the prestigious ceremony at The Holiday Inn, CMK.
Here’s a list of all the winners on the night…
2018 WINNERS – LEISURE
- Best small hotel: M Gallery by Sofitel, Woughton House.
- Best large hotel: Doubletree by Hilton.
- Best attraction: MK Theatre.
- Best cafe: Nonna’s.
- Best pub: The Bell and Bear (Emberton).
- Best bar: The Craufurd Arms.
- Best local food product: Atelier The Brigadeiro – Chocolate Brigadeiros.
- Best local drink product: The Fruity Farmer – Seville Orange Gin.
- Best use of local produce: The Bell and Bear (Emberton).
- Best family restaurant: MK Buffet Village.
- Best Asian restaurant: Calcutta Brasserie.
- Best branded restaurant: Turtle Bay.
- Best newcomer: Fratelli’s (Woburn).
- Best restaurant: The Brasserie (MK College).
- Best waiter: Aaron Gates – The Cross Keys (Woolstone).
- Best waitress: Amanda Hennelly – Loch Fyne (The Hub).
- Best street food: Bandit.
- Best chef: Shane Clarke – The Swan, MK Village.